Having a second eye on your big move is never a bad decision. The simplest of practices can make a move go much smoother for homeowners. The problem is that these easy tasks are often overlooked when moving. Let’s face it. Individuals have a lot on their minds when going through a move, so tasks that are usually simple can quickly become more difficult and time consuming during a stressful move. The most important thing to do when preparing for an upcoming move is to hire professional movers. If you are in the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts area, a partnership with Capitol Moving & Storage can go a long way! Not only can we handle your moving project, but we go the extra mile for our customers by reminding them of items that are often overlooked when moving.
Don’t Miss these Key Moving Items
It doesn’t matter how big or small your upcoming move may be, attention to detail is critical. The following keys often get overlooked when moving, but can truly make or break a move:
- Contact New School – If you have school age children, this move is going to be stressful enough for them as they change environments. Notify the new school well in advance before your child starts so that everything is in place and the transition is simpler.
- Organize your Moving Boxes – One great way to distinguish your moving boxes is by color coding. Designating a color for each room in your new house will make it easier on you and our professional movers at Capitol Moving & Storage to ensure that your items get put in the right location.
- Pack an On-the-Go Bag – You never know what moving day may bring, so it is great to be extra prepared. Packing an on-the-go bag for you and each family member is a great idea. That way you have toiletries, snacks, change of clothes, toys, etc., should something unexpected occur on moving day.
- Don’t Forget About the Pets – Your pets are part of the family too! So, make sure that their regular care doesn’t get overlooked during your move. As soon as you arrive at your new home, designate an area for your pet to get to know and become comfortable with. Pull out their pet bed or favorite toy to help make this transition easier on them as well.
- What’s Missing – It is important to create a list of missing items as soon as possible while the move is fresh on your mind. Within this list, you can reference things that you liked about the move, as well as things that needed some work. In turn, this will be helpful information to look back on if you ever decide to move again.
When moving across the city, state or country, you’ve got a lot on your mind. Due to this added stress, you may overlook a few key items when moving. By choosing to partner with our professional movers at Capitol Moving & Storage, we’ll help ensure that those key items are not overlooked. If you are in the CT or Western MA area, give us a call today at (860) 282-4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how we can help you with your next move.